Furness-Newburge, Inc. consults with foundries on the use of advanced oxidation techniques for reduction of air pollution, bentonite recycling, and the mathematical modeling of sand system properties that leads to reliable prediction of sand system operations. It also consults on other issues to optimize sand system controls and improve core room conditions and emissions.
Furness-Newburge, Inc. has also applied advanced oxidation techniques for amine odor destruct and bio/scale control in water towers.
Furness-Newburge, Inc. develops, designs, builds, and programs industrial control systems. These services include complete construction of independent pre-programmed controls or modifications of existing control systems. Standard controllers and touchscreens supported include CompactLogix, ControlLogix, MicroLogix, Panelview Plus, and C-More.
R & D SERVICES
Furness-Newburge, Inc. has performed R & D in many areas including, but not limited to, the following:
- Energy reduction by acoustic stimulation of molten metal in the mold to enable smaller risers and thinner walled castings
- Increased use of low emission technologies
- Gas storage well remediation
- Crude oil viscosity reduction
- Animal waste treatment and recycle